I have installed Comodo Internet Security on my Virtual machine and I should say that I AM happy with it:
1. There is no sign of that Safe Search in the Comodo IS package
2. You can install AV only, Firewall only, or both
3. Does not slow me down and scans very fast
4. Does require user attention when a new or unknown process wants to connect to INTERNET, and remembers your choice so you don't have to approve/disapprove each time
5. Has several modes of security + options not to launch Comodo on system's startup. Very customizable.
Installed, rebooted, confirmed some processes, and forgot. Now it is the 4th hour of browsing internet with Comodo on, all is fine and it doesn't bother me. So much regret its Firewall doesn't work with Server R2, in this case I would switch to Comodo. Good stuff, believe me.
Comodo Internet Security User Guide
Download Comodo Internet Security