I have got Ubuntu installed on Disk 0, XP (C on 80GB partition, DATA (F on 287GB and new WIN7 (E 97GB partition (all NTFS) on Disk 1 and I'm trying to install Windows 7 RC in this new WIN7 partition
- restarted PC with Win 7 DVD
- followed instructions on Install Windows page
- Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“get important updates for installationĂ˘â‚¬Âť has not popped up ?????
- accepted terms and conditions
- selected custom (advanced)
- select E:
- clicked next
- pops up with warning: Ă˘â‚¬Âť Set up was unable to create new system partition or locate an existing partition. See the Setup log files for more infoĂ˘â‚¬Âť
XP can access drive E: without any problem, the same Ubuntu and many other Linux distributions. WhatĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s wrong?
As I wanted to install Windows 7 in a new NTFS partition I followed Step 3 Point 1 which says: "... you want to install RC on another disk partition, restart your computer with the installation disc in your DVD drive ..." I always ended up this the error: Ă˘â‚¬Âť Set up was unable to create new system partition or locate an existing partition. See the Setup log files for more infoĂ˘â‚¬Âť.
When I started the installation under XP than I could follow up all the points after 1 from step 3 without any problems.
Good luck with all installations on specially prepared partitions.