I read this in the Help file, but it does not work, any ideas how to get it to work??
Turn on automatic logon Turn on automatic logon
[This content is preliminary and subject to change.]
You can use automatic logon to log on to your computer without having to type a user name or password.
- Using automatic logon can pose a security risk because anyone that has access to your computer will have access to your programs and personal files.
- In the search box, type control userpasswords2, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Clear the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box, and then click Apply.
- In the Automatically Log On dialog box, type your password, and then click OK.
- In the User Accounts dialog box, click OK.
After you restart your computer, you will be able to log on automatically.