Hi i'm new here, and im in need of help.
For a few weeks now explorer.exe has been misbehaving.
It does not do it after bootup but it always starts using 10-15% of my i7-2600 devided over several threads/cores after i have played a game of league of legends.
I have tried the folowing:
- turning of all 3rd party shell extensions, using shellexview.
- reinstaling league of legends.
- used procesexplorer to try and pinpoint the misbehaving entry, and it just shows explorer.exe.
- reinstaling graphic drivers (i got new ones for a new graphics card just before this started).
- runing any other game or graphics application does not produce this problem.
- killing explorer.exe, when its down my cpu drops to normal usage, when i restart it using taskmanager it starts to consume alot of cpu again.
-tried killing explorer.exe before/during gaming and restarting after gaming, did not work.
A few details about my system:
- Asus desktop CM6730 (dont know wich motherboard it has).
- Windows home premium service pack 1.
- Intel core i7-2600.
- EVGA gtx 660 ti (now using the nvidia drives, before using the EVGA drivers).
- 8gb of ddr3 1333mhz memorie.
- 600 PSU (should be/is enough).
- Trend micro titanium maximum security antivirus.
A few details about the problem:
- If i leave my computer be and dont do anything the cpu will after some time drop to normal levels and every so often spike up to 10-15% again and then go back down and continue to increase and discrease.
- If i move my mouse my cpu will instantly climb up to 10-15% and stay there, and will only drop a while after i stoped moving my mouse.
- If i kill explorer.exe moving my mouse does not provide the cpu increase.
I would like to fix this without the need of restoring to a previous point.
So i hope that there is someone that is willing to help me with this, i can send .dpm files and such if needed.