Needless to say XP is a very popular and remarkable operating system. One thing XP has definitely left to be desired is its looks. I think there is nothing wrong if we try to make it look more like 7. So, there are two ways:
1). Automatic by using the 7 Transformation Pack (Download Now)
2). Change XP looks manually, fully or partially. A very good tutorial is here.
I prefer to modify manually:
1. Uxtheme Multi-patcher 6.0Uxtheme Multi-patcher will allow you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) just by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library).
x32 & x64 bit compatible.
2. Go to www. deviantart.com and get a 7-like msstyle theme. Extract it to your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\ > then double-click on it and apply.
Download SevenVG RTM Theme with Normal Taskbar for Windows XP - Tweaking with Vishal
Download SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Taskbar for Windows XP - Tweaking with Vishal
3. You need Icon Tweaker if you wish to add 7 icons.
4. 7 icons pack for Icon Tweaker
(7 Start Menu)
6. Lee-Soft - ViGlance: Windows 7 SuperBar for XP
7. Lee-Soft - ViSplore: Glass Browser for XP
8. Visual Task Tips - Home
(optional, if you don't use viGlance)
9. TaskSwitchXP - Alt-Tab Replacement For XP - NTWind Software
(awsome software that allows task switching with visual previews)
10. Official WinFlip Mirror
(this program is great but a little buggy, its development paused)
11. TokyoDownstairs: Magic Formation
(a nice handy launcher that you can also use in Vista and 7)
[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005 - WinCert.net Forums